How To Use
- Thoroughly wash and dry the center tube pieces and screw auger before first use. NEVER IMMERSE ELECTRICAL UNIT IN WATER. Wipe metal basin with a damp cloth to clean.
- Completely assemble the fountain following the illustrations below. Place on level surface such as a counter or table. Be sure you are near an outlet and away from any water source.
- Before operating, use the bubble level at the back of the base unit to ensure that the fountain is completely level. Use the three adjustable feet to achieve the correct leveling. Turn feet clockwise to raise and counter-clockwise to lower. Fountain must be completely level to function properly!
- Plug the chocolate fountain into a 120V outlet and move switch to the “Preheat” position. For best results, allow appliance to preheat for approximately 10 minutes. Do not operate in this mode for serving.
- While base unit is preheating, carefully melt 4 pounds of chocolate in microwave or double-boiler. Be sure that chocolate is completely melted and add the indicated amount of vegetable oil as the chocolate is being melted based on the type of chocolate being used. Stir well. Ideal operation requires 4 pounds of chocolate.
- After fountain is preheated, pour the melted chocolate into the metal bowl and turn the knob to “Flow.”
- Add additional melted chocolate as needed, following the instructions for preparation of the chocolate.
- Never leave the appliance unattended while it is on
The Wilton Chocolate Fountain will work with any chocolate, however they recommend using the Wilton Chocolate Wafer Melt (milk chocolate) which is specially formulated to use in chocolate fountains without adding oil. If you do not have fountain chocolate or are unable to find it to purchase, you can be successful with other chocolates by following our simple instructions below:
|Type of Chocolate||Amount||Vegetable Oil|
|Wilton Chocolate Pro Chocolate||4 lbs (64 dry oz)||none|
|Wilton Light & Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Confectionery Coating||4 lbs (64 dry oz)||1 cup|
|Wilton White Candy Melts® Confectionery Coating||4 lbs (64 dry oz)||3/4 cup|
|Milk & Semi-Sweet Chocolate||4 lbs (64 dry oz)||1 1/2 cups|
|White Chocolate||4 lbs (64 dry oz)||1/2 cup|
You may download the users manual here for more information.
Other Useful Links: